1. whitehall. calgary’s newest food hotspot. the british inspired cuisine pulls from modern influences to put a delicious twist on some classics like cottage pie and black pudding. named one of alberta’s top restaurants by globe & mail within the first month of it’s opening. on the segment we featured the douglas fir pine parfait, a pine oil infused dessert that will really put you in the holiday spirit. www.whitehallrestaurant.com
where: 24 4 Street NE
2. ollia macarons & tea. celebrating their 1 year anniversary, ollia has quickly become a calgary staple. this holiday season they are treating us to some deliciously festive flavours like egg nog, ginger bread, baileys hot chocolate, candy cane, champagne and turtles. they will have a pop up at holt renfrew this weekend so you can grab your boxes filled with 2 of each flavour just in time for christmas dessert. and an added bonus, you can now pick up a jar of salted caramel spread at the same time, perfect for sweetening your tea, speaking on toast, or just eating straight from the jar. www.byollia.com
where: 810C 16 Ave SW & holt renfrew calgary, 510 8th Avenue SW
3. wrap shop yyc. your life just got a whole lot easier, and a lot more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. calgary’s own graphic designer extraordinary took it upon himself to wrap your presents this christmas. located in the mission neighbourhood he charges $5-15 per present. the bottom of your tree will be so instagrammable you’ll wish it was christmas all year round (if you don’t already that is). contact chester ebona through @wrapshopyyc or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
4. rocky mountain soap co. 100% natural, environmentally friendly and very local. rocky mountain soap co. has it’s headquarters in canmore, alberta. they not only look great but also support local artists (their beautiful water color illustrations on their holiday gift boxes this year were illustrated by an artist from bragg creek) and use all reclaimed materials in their design and decor. pick up some great scents for the holidays like vanilla ginger and vanilla candy cane in three different sizes filled with a selection of products to try in each given scent or opt out for the gratitude box filled with an assortment of different scents and products to be your gateway into the world of rocky mountain soap co. visit their newly opened store at market mall and feel truly inspired. this holiday season i will be giving away gift boxes to four lucky readers, make sure to visit my instagram for more details. www.rockymountainsoap.com
5. friday sock co. mismatched socks never looked this cool. locally owned and operated friday socks is a sock subscription service where you receive a pair of socks at the end of every month at $10/month. you get a different pair each month and when getting a 12 month subscription one of those pairs is free of charge. chose from 3, 6, 9 or 12 months or buy individual pairs over at www.fridaysock.co. free shipping and gift wrapping with subscription.